Saturday, January 13, 2007

Resolutions for a Happy New Year

New Year's Resolutions:

1. Resolution: To get back to my desired weight and strength that I was at three to four years ago.

How Can I Obtain This?: Stop eating absently. Everything I put into my mouth must come with a thought process of, "Will this hinder my goals or add health?". I also need to make a conscious effort to make an appearance at the gym at least four times a week. The hardest part about working out is just showing up. With that being said, I've managed to hook up with a few friends who meet me there - accountablility really does work. I really need to get into yoga as well and I think I've found a great yoga instructor (Carrie, check out www.delasolyoga.com. I think I'd like to check out Sunday morning's class).

2. Resolution: To buy a house and make it a home.

How Can I Obtain This?: Well... so far I think I've done everything according to schedule. I was put in contact with a Mortgage broker and Real Estate Agent (thanks Vic) and have been pre-approved and am currently house shopping. In total, I have seen 26 houses in the Hamilton area. Let me tell you, there sure is a lot of crap out there! I can't believe people live the way they do!!! GROSS!!! Some interesting information has come my way however... Remember Simon? My room-mate I had last year in that really cute house? Well, he called me up the other day and wanted to let me know that he's selling his house and wanted to give me the opportunity at it if I want it. We have talked extensively, he's had the house appraised, and if we go privately, he'll get what he's asking for anyway... something to consider anyway. When I think about owning that house, however, I get very, very excited. Although the location is not the greatest (it's one of four houses surrounded by appartment buildings and townhomes), it has been fully renovated, everything is new (EVERYTHING), the back-yard has a ton of potential, it's the perfect size, the neighbours are great, and it's in close proximity to work. So... we'll see. As Tracey at work said, "It gets you into the pool - a great place to start". She has a point. AND, according to the news, the market has turned into a seller's market right now... which means I really do need to jump on the wagon.

Anyway, I've got to run... I think I'm going to head over to the gym :)

No comments: