Monday, January 01, 2007

Nappy Yew Hear

Well... so long 2006.
I can't say that I'm sad to see it go.
Much like my thirteith birthday in August, I was glad to pass my 20's and now I'm even gladder to see the year go.
New beginnings in 2007.... leaves me with a feeling of ....refreshement. If that makes sense.
Anyway, the evening went without flaw, and went by much more quickly that I wanted it to, which I guess was a good thing, indicating that it went by well.
I'm actually having a hard time typing... backspacing way too many times for my liking (another cocktail, anyone?).
However, all in all, it was a good evening. I spent it with my dad, his girlfriend Irene and her sister, Elaine. Elaine is a riot... so it made the evening that much better. There was constant laughter, joking, fun, games, food (fresh Alaskan King Crab, BBQed Lamb, mashed potatoes and beans in a bernaise sause (I know I spelt that wrong)... wine, wine, more wine... some of the nicest wine I've tasted, a very expensive champainge (I think I spelt that wrong too), cocktails, more food, more laughter. When all was said and done I came down stairs to where my bedroom is and stepped into a small puddle of dog piss, soaking my new socks. Nice.
I went outside to have a smoke, and as I was lighting my Benson and Hedges Menthols I heard the most peculiar thing... At first I thought it was a dog heaving and ho'in..... and then realized, even though I couldn't see it for the darkness, was the sounds of a whale blowing. The infrequent caws of birds in the background and the hum of the generator for the boat house seemed so distant, as I listened to the moanings of the whale (or whales) as I stood there staring into the darkness, hoping only to see something, knowing I never would. Such a shame that I couldn't actually see the water spray... but I could hear it... it was amazing.
Anyway, even though I've had a hard time out here in BC, and even though every day brought on it's own emotional internal termoil, I have to say that it's gone by quicky and I'm glad for it. I'm looking forward to crawling into my own bed tomorrow night and to returning to work, even though it will bring piles of work. I'm glad for the oportunity to have visited such a beautiful province, and to have met some very wonderful people.
If my dad ever decides to move out here, bless him, I know he'll be in heaven. I know I will deal with a personal hell of not having him in Ontario, but, it is what it is. I have my health. I have my friends. I have my love of life. I have another year to make the most out of what has been given to me. Bless that... and all that's given to me.
Cheers to you... and to yours.
Happy New Year everyone....

Jenn

No comments: