Sunday, December 31, 2006

A Christmas Card

Hey all...
Dad gave me a very beautiful card for Christmas. I was hoping to put in on my blog a lot sooner but just haven't had a chance. Anyway, enjoy reading... it made me cry. Well, no actually, it made me bawl.


Daughter,
I Hope Your Dreams Come
True at Christmas

You've become a woman who strives
endlessly to make her goals a reality.
But at Christmas, I sometimes think
of you as the child you used to be ~
the little girl who believed in Santa
Clause and that everything her heart
could wish for was beneath the tree.
These days, the things you want
most can't be wrapped or even bought.
I guess within the heart of every
woman are hopes that often go
unspoken and dreams that only she
can realize.
But as a parent, I sometimes want
to find the perfect gift. You know ~
something to ease the stress of your
day or the ache of your heart when it's
lonely. If only I could recapture the joy
of the child I used to hold close, I
would give that to you as your gift.
As you open your presents this
Christmas, just know that there is
the gift of a hug waiting within my
arms for you. I think sometimes
even I forget that within the heart
of the woman you've become, the
child remains. And I want to hold
you close and remind you of my
love for you ~ which will forever
remain in my heart.
~ Teresa L. Davisson

No comments: