Friday, December 08, 2006

There's Plenty of Fish out there....

Hello there my little Tweedle-dees and Tweedle-dums.
So, some very interesting information for you. If you make reference to the blog entry below, I went ahead and posted my "profile" on two different online dating web-sites. I first went to Lavalife. And then discovered Plentyoffish.com. I highly recommend Plenty of Fish. It's a totally free online dating web site and there are some very interesting and normal people out there (a lot of weirdo's too... there's always weirdos. Hey Liz, you might want to stay away from the online dating sites... you know, with your amazing ability to magnitize the strange ones, it might be a little overwhelming for you.... lol).
Anywho... I did get an amazing response from the people out there. There was the Tony Soprano look alike who wanted to take me for a ride on his boat. There was the dark and mysterious guy who made me feel like it was my fault he had to email me (weird?). There was the one who looked like the guy with the glasses from The Trailer Park Boys who thought we would "click"... ha! ha! ha!...wait..... no.. there's more... HAHAHAHA!!!
Yes. so. Moving on. Okay.
I did get a nice response from "normal" guys too. There are a handful of them that I have been chatting with on-line. These people are VERY normal and lead the same sort of lives we other normal people do. Okay, wait... let me think about that one for a moment. Hey Carrie, do you think we lead normal lives?? No. You're right. I didn't think so.
Okay. So, these guys I have been chatting to live on the same planet I do and understand life as I see it. Which is nice. It gives me hope to know that there are SOME nice guys left.
So, on that note, there has been one guy in particular that has caught my attention. We'll call him New York. Yes, I know, a bit strange for a name, but there is a reason. Come on girls, you know there is ALWAYS a method to my madness. New York, or NY for short and myself have been chatting for several days now on-line and last night we spoke on the phone. We have plans to meet this evening for... drinks? dinner? No plans have been carved in stone as of yet, but knowing me it will probably consist of a little of both.... okay, maybe more drinks than dinner but who said I was perfect?
Anyway, I'll keep you in the loop and let you know how it goes down.
Question: why didn't I know about or have one of these blog things YEARS ago when I started dating??? I could have had a million dollar contract for a book by now titled, "The Slime that Men Do to Jennifer".

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

undecided.

elizabeth said...

I'll take your advice!