Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Mind your P's and Q's!

Okay... so, I've discovered a few things:

1. If you google my name, my blog shows up. So for all my friends out there with blogg's - google your name! It's kind of cool. However, it's also a little freakish because anyone who's checking you out can gain access to your blog and read alllllllllll about you. This doesn't bother me all that much, but does make me realize that there are strangers out there checking in on my life... kind of strange, in a weird sort of way.

2. You know that feeling you get when you are in the near vicinity of someone you like? And they like you too? And there is this crazy electricity between you? You know that feeling?? Well... I wasn't feeling it. At all. Total bummer. I'm making reference to Mr. New York. Mr. New York, (who can be found at
www.plentyoffish.com under the nickname of clickme1972) is an amazing man who will make you laugh, feel good about yourself and will listen to you when you talk. He is a great conversationalist, is caring and optimistic. He is a gentleman and is extremely thoughtful. However, there was no "it", no "spark", no "electricity" for me. My dad asked me how things were going and I had to tell him that I didn't know. My dad's response.... "you'd know". I was still uncertain so I called one of my best friends... she said the same thing. Total disappointment. How is it that you can find a real man... someone who is down to earth and normal and looks at you with sparkles in his eyes, and not feel a thing? I don't get it. Anyway... that's that.

3. I had a conversation with an aquantance this weekend that made me feel as though God himself spoke through her to pass on a message to me. We'll call this aquaintance "Blondie". The conversation started with the usual hellos and how are yous and what's news. And then I asked Blondie how married life was going (pretty dumb question but who knew it'd end up like it did???... Blondie got married this past summer after a rather short engagement... seemed like a bit of a rush job to me, but who's to say?). Anyway, I wasn't expecting the answer I got considering the fact that I was having a conversation with, ah, er, "Blondie". Blondie proceeded to tell me that although she was happy, and wouldn't change her partner or the choices she's made, she felt that marriage isn't all it's cracked up to be. In other words, it's not always greener on the other side. I have a few friends who will vouch for that statement. Blondie told me that being single was great and that if she knew then what she knows now, she may not have gotten married so quickly. Amazing. I was dumbfounded. Here's this beautiful girl who made a life changing choice by getting married, thinking that life would be better some how, and there I was feeling like a moron for thinking it would be. Who knew? Now, don't get me wrong.... I know people who are married and love it and wouldn't change a thing and have a great life with thier partners and kids, et al. The point is, she made me feel good for still being single. She made me feel like I have made the right choices and that I have been right not to settle so quickly. There's nothing wrong with a thirty-year old single gal.... is there? I don't think so. It can be hard sometimes though... especially when the majority of your friends are married or living with their partners. The societal pressures of "being in a relationship" is suffocating sometimes, especially when the common statement from people you bump into is: "have you met anyone yet?"...

Oh well. That's life, I guess. Being single? I'm lovin' it :)

2 comments:

Jason said...

I was looking at your blog and I enjoyed it... gonna link you.

happy Holidays

Jennifer said...

Hey Jason. Thanks for the complitment :)