Saturday, March 24, 2007

Steven P. Wild

Well... I'm trying to find a friend. And I'm trying to use the power of the internet to find him.

Ten years ago, while on vacation in Jamaica, I met a guy named Steven P. Wild. He was a US Navy medic and we spent two nights talking our faces off. After he left, and after I left Jamaica we kept in touch for almost two years via letters. Then things drifted, and I haven't written, nor has he. I never got a home address as he was constantly on the move. However, through correspondence, I know his parents, at the time, were living in Cortland, NY (30 minutes south of Syracuse). Anyway... All I'd love to do is to find out what he's been up to, if he's happy and healthy and to say hello. I feel that we never had the proper opportunity to say good-bye and good-luck and feel that it's necessary... I don't know why, but I just had the most amazing, most overwhelming feeling that I needed to find him, to contact him in some way. If anyone has any ideas as to how to find someone, pass them on! I don't know where else to look. I've created a Facebook profile and now posted a message on my blog... if anyone has ANY ideas, please let me know.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, just saw your blog. you are doing a great work. i am here to make friends , i hope we can start somewhere.
hope to read from you.

www.oluwayinka.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Hi there Anonymous. Thanks for the comment. I'll be sure to check out your blog.

gramps said...

I've got a cousin in the US Navy. For what it's worth, I can make a phone call. ;-)

Jennifer said...

Gramps... the only problem is that I don't know if he's still with the Navy. This was ten years ago. It's been a long time. But for what it's worth, you'd be doing something absolutely amzing if you did check.
Has anyone called you an angel yet today??

Jennifer said...

Gramps... you haven't written anything on your blog yet... Is there any plan on doing so in the near future??

gramps said...

Hey...no problem. We can find out for sure one way or the other. I've left a message for my cuz with his wife. He's away on some training right now but he'll get back to me when he returns. BTW I had some trouble accessing your blog. The link wouldn't work for me for the last couple days.

p.s. No I haven't been called an angel yet today

p.p.s. Are you going to be the first? ;-)

p.p.p.s. I'll be posting some stuff on my blog shortly along with some pictures

Jennifer said...

You're an angel :)

Jennifer said...

You're an angel :)

Jennifer said...

You're an angel :)

gramps said...

An angel times 3...now I feel important ;-) BTW, I'm on facebook as well. I just opened the account so there is nothing posted just yet.

Jennifer said...

I won't be able to find you on facebook without a name!!

Anonymous said...

I am an investor doing some research for a foreclosure going to auction on this Wednesday for a condominium in Reston, VA owned by a Steven P Wild and Yvonne C Wild. It was purchased by in 2004 or 2006. Yvonne looks like the Realtor listing the property as a short sale currently. Her phone number is 703-963-2502. I am sure you can contact this Steven P Wild. If that isn't the right guy, I will recommend you try a search on Zabasearch.com