Friday, March 09, 2007

One of my biggest Pet Peeves.....

Book smart, common-sense stupid. I hate these people.

How can you go your entire life not getting it? It's like doctors with no bed-side manners or Professors who can teach University level mathematics but can't hold a conversation.

To get to my point, there is a girl in our office that I can not handle (I should probably say woman, or lady, but I can't. If you come into the office on jean-day wearing a pink wind-breaker, a She's-So-Kitty t-shirt that is so "look at me I'm twelve" and love to walk around like you're the shit but you really need to lose a hundred pounds - then you're a girl. Not a woman. Not a lady.)

This particular girl is extremely book smart. I'll give her that. She makes a point of saying things like, "I negated to tell you...", or, "I'd like to execute this project...", or, "This girl I know is so infallible...", or, "Things around here are tumultuous..." I could go on and on and on. In my opinion, she does this to make herself look smart, when really she's quite insecure. Our office manager fails to think that she has a confidence problem. I believe this is based on the fact that this "girl" walks around flinging her hair and bouncing her fat all over the place, bumping into people and being loud and obnoxious. As the author Jen Lancaster likes to say, "What an ass-hat!".

I know this may sound a bit harsh, however, I have justified reason to complain, for just a moment, as the girl was incredibly rude and disgusting at lunch hour yesterday. As I'm preparing my lunch, she proceeded to talk about "great racks" and how she witnessed a woman "shave her snatch".

Ahem.
Where she saw this is beyond me, as I know for a fact the girl does NOT work out. So it couldn't have been a gym shower-room. I immediately cut the conversation off before I was to yack all over the kitchen counter. She got confrontational with me and compared her conversation about snatch-shaving to my conversation the day before about Irritable Bowl Syndrome and how THAT was inappropriate. HELLO???!! HOW? How does that compare??

I left the kitchen with my salad and tuna and ate at my desk. Five minutes later when she walked by I stopped her and very firmly told the girl that in no way does my conversation about IBS compare to her conversation about snatch (does she have no class at all? Does she not care that using a word like that around a lunch table is totally gross?). Wildly flipping her dyed hair back and forth like she was trying to catch a breeze between the ears she tried to speak. I stopped her very quickly and said, "Nonnnonononno.... I didn't ask for your opinion. I'm just telling you how I feel." She turned around and mumbled confidently (which really doesn't make much sense) that the two DO compare. WHATEVER!

Dumb ass. I can't wait to for her to either quit, get fired, or I move on to a better job.

So, to really get to the point: Smart people are really stupid!

6 comments:

DobyD said...

That was a funny rant. No offense since I do not mean it in any bad way. Thats was a just in case statment. But Yea, I know exactly where you are coming from. Some people take it upon themselves to act in a particular way to cover up some sort of insecurity, but who doesnt do that to some extent. I have grown tired of getting upset at peoples fronts. I just invented what I like to call a My given box for every particular individual I deal with whether it be on a day to day basis or randomly. Its a little imaginary box that stores all the things i can expect from that person. Since i can expect it, it doesnt bother me as much or at all.

Anyway, have a great weekend

Jennifer said...

Ajbendana - thanks for your comment. I like your idea of the box. I usually try not to expect anything from anyone, that way I'm hardly ever disappointed. However, when it comes to common-sense, it's nice to think that maybe everyone has a little of it. Unfortunately, I've found that this isn't the case. Oh well. C'est la vie!
You have a great weekend too!

elizabeth said...

Um. I hope I'm not an ass hat.

Jennifer said...

Nope. Yer not an ass hat Lizzie.
:)

gramps said...

Hey girl....don't hold back!! Tell us how you really feel ;-) I share your pain. I have a co-worker whose filter between his brain and mouth are definitely broken. He's a constant provider of what I like to call "unsolicited disclosure"

p.s. I love the term ass hat almost as much as mumbly ;-)

Jennifer said...

Thanks for your comment Gramps. It felt really great to get it off my chest. :)