Friday, November 10, 2006

Thirtygirl

So, I'm thirty. And I have to say that finally getting out of my twenties (spelling?) was the nicest feeling in the world. It's amazing how much "stuff" goes on in ten years... good and bad.

Life experience is not always as pleasant as we want it to be. Although we'd all love to have a happy-go-lucky, kick-your-heels-in-the-air kind of life, the cards are not always dealt that way. Sometimes, but very rarely there is the odd person who manages to slip through the side-walk cracks and not get stepped on. Have you ever met someone like this?

I'm trying to figure out if any one of my friends has been without some sort of traggically, hurtful experience, and I can't seem to think of one. However, for the most part, these beautiful people in my life are still happy. They get up every morning and make the best out of most situations.

Thank God for good friends. They keep me smiling, keep my spirits up and are always there for me. They are my sisters-in-spirit and the past ten years with them has been a blessing. Thank you for being such a constant part of my life.

With all the tragedy we go through - the dips in the roller-coaster ride through life, they have always been there... :) I love you.

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

I'll just assume I'm included in that - and if not - whoa - awkward moment - otherwise...
Love you too! xoxoxox

Jennifer said...

Of course you're included in that silly girl :)