Sunday, November 12, 2006

1 Bottle, Four Glasses, 8 Hours and a Diamond Ring

I drank a bottle of red, Australian wine today. And I use TODAY heavily, for it took me all day to get through it. So, there was no lushfulness about it. I didn't just sit down and say to myself, "Self, I think I'm going to drink a whole bottle of wine, and, well, lets do it in under an hour, shall we?" ...it wasn't like that.

I had just come from looking at three crap houses located in the east, downtown sector of the Hammer (I'm currently house hunting). I made a pit stop at Victoria's with coffee for her and her husband Rob (and a chocolate tim-bit for Dylon), and was heading home to cook. I had decided that I was in no mood to sweat-it-out at the gym, and wanted to take advantage of the fact that dad wasn't home yet (for those of you who are unaware - I live with my father... a very long and complicated story. Needless to say, I AM looking to buy a house so I will be moving out in the near future).

So, back to cooking... yes, I was heading home to cook. I wanted to cook a great recipe that Angela gave me that includes rice and shrimp and scallops and other yummy stuff AND white wine. I am currently broke this week but remembered that I still had $18.46 left on a gift certificate for the LCBO that I had received for my birthday back in August from my Uncle Neil. So... I bought TWO bottles of wine. One white, for the recipe. One red, for me.

I enjoy cooking and find it very relaxing to have music playing, food cooking and wine waiting to be sipped. So, the current time is now 10:05 PM and I am officially drinking water. I finished my last glass of red wine, that is to say, the last of the red wine, at approximately 9:30 PM while soaking in a hot bath with Ylang Ylang essential oil and a little book called The Tao of Pooh (yes, it has to do with Pooh Bear and yes, you should look it up - it's way to complicated to explain). So, with that being said, the bottle of wine, now empty, was a nice relaxing way to spend the afternoon and evening. However, on that note, I have six weeks until I go to BC for Christmas and I would really like to get back into shape. I've done it before in six weeks... can I do it again??? (note to self: must not drink four glasses of red wine in one day if you plan on getting into shape).

Oh ya... One last thing: something VERY COOL happened to me on the weekend. Well, actually, something VERY COOL happened to one of my close friends, I was just there to watch... It was Kathleen's 30th birthday on Saturday and we were all there, her family included, and her long-time boyfriend, and the father of their beautiful daughter, proposed to her in front of everyone!!! It was so beautiful to see and I felt very special to be a part of such an important moment. Congratulations Kathleen and Aaron :)

1 comment:

Kat said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

ps...are you kidding?! I can't wait to drink a bottle of wine again...in an hour! lol