Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Slime That Men Do

Hello there... well, good news. A story I submitted has been published in a book called The Slime That Men Do, by Humble Howard Glassman. Humble Howard, for those of you who don't know, used to be the morning show host at Mix 99.9 in Toronto. Two of the main reasons I decided to submit a story was because, well, I have had a large number of slimy things happen to me by men and could afford to share at least one, and second, some of the proceeds of the book go to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. Although it wasn't Breast Cancer, I have lost both my mother and my step-mother to cancer and felt that I could put myself out there for a good cause. Anyway, below is an email from Humble Howard that he requested we send on to all of you.

Hey Nice People,

For the past year Humble Howard Glassman has collected stories from women for a book called The Slime That Men Do. Now it is available in stores and online.

It's a funny, bizarre and sometimes strange collection of bad first dates, blind dates, awful Valentine's days and many more tales of Slimy Guy behavior.

Best of all for each book sold a contribution will be made to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.

This is a great book for all the women in your life. They will laugh. For all the men in your life they should buy it too a) to make sure they're not in it and b) to find out What Not to Do!

Available at Chapters, Indigo, Coles or
buy it online at chapters.indigo.ca.
If you have a slime story you want to share, submit it at
www.humblehoward.com/slime.html.

Thanks for your help and here's hoping you stay Slime-Free!

All the Best,
Humble Howard Glassman

2 comments:

Kat said...

I assume my copy is being wrapped...with a bow right?

Jennifer said...

...er... I'll let you read my copy?? teehee.