Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Secret

Okay... So I left the house yesterday in a pretty good mood. I went to Chapters. Bought a Grande Cafe Latte with soy milk (forgot to ask for decafe and gave myself a little tummy ache). Grabbed the book called The Secret and sat my butt down on a chair. I flipped pages for an hour. I was sold. I went to the counter after replacing the book and asked for the DVD of The Secret that I had put on hold (there was no way I was going to drive to Chapters without knowing what I wanted was there). I paid for my purchase ($34.98 CAD). I skipped out of the store. I skipped all the way over to the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario, for all you foreign folks... ya, right.. Like anyone reads this thing anyway!) and bought a lovely Californian wine called Glass Mountain. It's a Cab Sav. It's lovely. I then skipped all the way back to the car and drove all but 60 seconds over to Danier Leather. I bought myself a leather jacket. And a new leather wallet. And that spray stuff you're supposed to put on the new leather jacket. And a key chain. The key chain was $1.99. I had to buy the key chain because I had spent just under $200.00 and I needed to spend $200.00 to get the $25.00 discount. So I bought the key chain. Which is okay, because I needed a new keychain. Then I drove to Fortino's (the local supermarket for all you foreign folks) and I bought two potatoes, a litre of 2% milk and potted mums for my grandfather's 94th birthday (just the mums for his birthday, not the potatoes or the milk...lol). Yes, my grandfather turned 94 yesterday. Amazing, eh? And he's healthy as a horse. No broken legs yet, so we don't have to shoot him. Anyway, I drove home, gave grandpa his potted mums, hugged him and kissed him and then left him. I guess in a way, the potted mums was a way for me to not feel guilty for not spending the day with him? ...so I left him, and drove to my friend Kendra's house. I handed her the potatoes. She felt up my new leather jacket. We drank wine and had turkey breasts. And potatoes. And we watched The Secret. You need to watch The Secret. I highly recommend watching The Secret. And for all you girlfriends of mine out there that actually do read this thing, feel free to invite me over... I'll bring The Secret with me and I'll watch it again and again and again with you.
P.S. Can you tell I just learned how to use the Link feature??!! LOL!! Thanks Kat!!

1 comment:

Kat said...

You're welcome :o)
And you can come over anytime!